- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Lay’s unveils global Messi campaign through football flavours
MUMBAI: PepsiCo India’s potato chip brand Lay’s has unveiled its global campaign with the international football star Lionel Messi for consumers in India, through the launch of ‘Football Favourite Flavours’.
The brand has added local flavour to the campaign by launching three new limited edition offerings of Apple Chilli, Cheesy Jalapeno and Tangy Herb.
Pepsico India category director western snacks Gaurav Mehta said, “With the ‘Football Favourites’ campaign, we plan to take the excitement to a new platform by engaging with the fans and adding fun to TV-watching time. Our global campaign with international football superstar Leo Messi in India offers our consumers a chance of seeing the international football superstar play live. The brand is about youthful optimism and carefree fun, and this is exactly what we have tried to represent in the campaign.”
As part of the Football Favourite programme, consumers will be invited to taste the new flavours and they can get a chance to watch Messi play live by voting for their favourite flavour.
Consumers can give a missed call on the unique numbers provided on the respective packs. The Lay’s flavour which gets the highest number of missed calls shall be the winning flavour and one lucky winner selected from the winning flavour entries will get a chance to watch Messi play live.
The three new Football Favourite flavours will be available in select cities, towns, in mid and large packs at Rs 10 and Rs 20 respectively.
The offer is valid in select cities, towns and also on Rs 10 (26 g) packs of Lay’s flavours including Spanish Tomato Tango, American Style Cream & Onion, India’s Magic Masala and Classic Salted.
The campaign will kick-start with a TVC going on air on 20 June and will be supported by a 360-degree marketing plan including on-ground activation, print, digital media engagement and a mix of above-the-line communication.