- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Italy’s soccer coach Cesare Prandelli quits
MUMBAI: Italy’s soccer coach Cesare Prandelli has resigned after the team once again failed to make it past the opening round of a World Cup.
“When the project is a failure, then you have to take responsibilities,” said the coach to Fifa.com after watching his side lose 1-0 to Uruguay.
Prandelli had decided to coach Italy in May 2010. He took over after Italy exited in the first round of the 2010 World Cup. The team reached the final of Euro 2012 and also played well at last year’s Fifa Confederations Cup.