- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Italy’s soccer coach Cesare Prandelli quits
MUMBAI: Italy’s soccer coach Cesare Prandelli has resigned after the team once again failed to make it past the opening round of a World Cup.
“When the project is a failure, then you have to take responsibilities,” said the coach to Fifa.com after watching his side lose 1-0 to Uruguay.
Prandelli had decided to coach Italy in May 2010. He took over after Italy exited in the first round of the 2010 World Cup. The team reached the final of Euro 2012 and also played well at last year’s Fifa Confederations Cup.