- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
France’s coach Didier Deschamps focuses on Friday encounter
MUMBAI: France’s performance in the soccer World Cup has impressed many. However, their coach Didier Deschamps is keeping his feet planted on the ground.
“I’m a realist, my target, like my players, is Friday. It doesn’t serve any purpose to look any further ahead. The reality now is Germany on Friday. Everyone can dream, including me, but I’m a pragmatist and a realist, Friday is the only thing that counts,” he said to reporters.
On Friday France play Germany for a place in the semi-finals. Deschamps added, “We’re going there to give it everything we’ve got. We haven’t made a mess of our World Cup. I’m very proud and the players deserve it, it’s a huge pleasure for me and my staff to be involved on a daily basis with them and to manage them, to be with them. But we’re not going there as tourists on Friday.”