- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
France’s coach Didier Deschamps focuses on Friday encounter
MUMBAI: France’s performance in the soccer World Cup has impressed many. However, their coach Didier Deschamps is keeping his feet planted on the ground.
“I’m a realist, my target, like my players, is Friday. It doesn’t serve any purpose to look any further ahead. The reality now is Germany on Friday. Everyone can dream, including me, but I’m a pragmatist and a realist, Friday is the only thing that counts,” he said to reporters.
On Friday France play Germany for a place in the semi-finals. Deschamps added, “We’re going there to give it everything we’ve got. We haven’t made a mess of our World Cup. I’m very proud and the players deserve it, it’s a huge pleasure for me and my staff to be involved on a daily basis with them and to manage them, to be with them. But we’re not going there as tourists on Friday.”