- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
TRAI is open to liberalising the regulatory framework for the broadcasting sector provided the stakeholders work together in a cohesive manner, SK Singhal said. Wholesale price has been regulated while retail price has been left untouched, he added. Even in case of wholesale pricing, industry is operating at 8–10% of the ceiling.
In a startling revelation, BARC CEO Partho Dasgupta said that a workforce member of the council was lured into divulging addresses of homes where meters were installed. “Over the last seven months, we have seen in a few cities some incidents like these,” he said. He was answering questions after giving a keynote address at TelevisionPost.com’s ‘Digitise India’ seminar.
What has been the impact of three years of digital addressable system? Have balance sheets of MSOs been stretched? Will FDI liberalisation ease fund-raising? What is the status on ARPU, packaging and billing? Will we see broadcasters launching more channels? Industry leaders discuss on these issues in a seminar organised by TelevisionPost.com.
TRAI should frame regulations that are balanced and fair to all stakeholders in the distribution ecosystem, said Dish TV MD Jawahar Goel at TelevisionPost.com event. He batted for the ‘must provide’ clause. He said that the tariff regulation should not be tinkered with as the industry is yet to mature.
Please fill the following fields to participate in the event * Name * Company Name * Address * Subject * Mobile * Email Script by Dagon Design