- Delhi govt to launch campaign to control rising number of cases of dengue, malaria
- Jio woes: Airtel Q1 net profit tanks 75% to Rs 367 cr
- Sahara case: Supreme Court asks Subrata Roy to deposit Rs 1500 crore by September 7
- RBI stops printing Rs 2000 notes; Rs 200 note may hit market next month
- Jethmalani quits as Kejriwal's counsel, seeks Rs 2 crore fee
- Crackdown On Kashmiri Separatist Widens, Shabir Shah Also Arrested
- Mumbai building collapse: 17 killed; Shiv Sena leader, who wanted to make hotel on ground floor, arrested
- Floods wreak havoc in Gujarat, Rajasthan; Narendra Modi inspects home state as Assam recovers
TRAI is open to liberalising the regulatory framework for the broadcasting sector provided the stakeholders work together in a cohesive manner, SK Singhal said. Wholesale price has been regulated while retail price has been left untouched, he added. Even in case of wholesale pricing, industry is operating at 8–10% of the ceiling.
In a startling revelation, BARC CEO Partho Dasgupta said that a workforce member of the council was lured into divulging addresses of homes where meters were installed. “Over the last seven months, we have seen in a few cities some incidents like these,” he said. He was answering questions after giving a keynote address at TelevisionPost.com’s ‘Digitise India’ seminar.
What has been the impact of three years of digital addressable system? Have balance sheets of MSOs been stretched? Will FDI liberalisation ease fund-raising? What is the status on ARPU, packaging and billing? Will we see broadcasters launching more channels? Industry leaders discuss on these issues in a seminar organised by TelevisionPost.com.
TRAI should frame regulations that are balanced and fair to all stakeholders in the distribution ecosystem, said Dish TV MD Jawahar Goel at TelevisionPost.com event. He batted for the ‘must provide’ clause. He said that the tariff regulation should not be tinkered with as the industry is yet to mature.
Please fill the following fields to participate in the event * Name * Company Name * Address * Subject * Mobile * Email Script by Dagon Design