- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Videocon d2h partners Hungama Play for its HD Smart Connect STB
MUMBAI: DTH service provider Videocon d2h has partnered video-on-demand (VOD) service Hungama Play for its HD Smart Connect set-top box (STB).
The HD Smart Connect STB converts any existing TV into a Smart TV besides showing 650 channels and services in HD and SD. The connected STB allows users to browse content from applications residing in the box.
Talking about the partnership, Videocon d2h executive chairman Saurabh Dhoot said, “Our HD Smart Connect STB aims to provide an app store experience. We are delighted to have Hungama available as an app; our consumers will have a wider choice of movies with Hungama coming on board.”
Hungama Play offers over 35,000 hours of video content in 12 languages, including movies, television series, kids shows, live events, music videos, as well as short films and documentaries. The service is available to consumers with various subscription options including a select free offer.
Hungama Play CEO Siddhartha Roy added, “We are excited that Hungama Play is the preferred video-on-demand service on the Videocon d2h HD Smart Connect set-top box. Through this technology, we hope to reach a larger segment of users and offer them an enhanced entertainment experience with the best of Hollywood, Bollywood, regional movies, kids content, music videos and more, all on their television screens.”
The HD Smart Connect STB is said to work as a tool for personalisation, engagement and new customer experiences, and with internet connectivity, one can convert one’s TV into a smart TV using it. These applications also enhance the pleasure of accessing content on a bigger screen.
Speaking about the STB, Videocon d2h CEO Anil Khera stated, “Our HD Smart Connect Set-Top Box has now a wide range of curated apps to meet every entertainment need of consumers. With Hungama Play, consumers can access wide range of Indian movies as these will be available on demand.”