- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Videocon d2h launches ad-free Punjabi VAS with Shemaroo, PTC
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Videocon d2h has partnered Punjabi broadcaster PTC Networks and Shemaroo Entertainment to launch an ad-free Punjabi value-added service (VAS) called ‘d2h Mauja’ on the occasion of Lohri.
The new service, which is available on channel #770, will take the DTH operator’s Punjabi channels and services to 15.
d2h Mauja offers latest Punjabi movies, serials and entertainment/devotional songs. The service promises to offer its audience a handpicked Punjabi movie daily.
The DTH operator feels that specialised services like d2h Mauja will help it enter deeper in the regional markets.
Videocon d2h executive director Saurabh Dhoot said, “The addition of this VAS channel strengthens our Punjabi content. With the digitisation of TV viewing in rural markets, regional and local content is what we are now focusing on. We are confident that d2h Mauja plugs the availability of content gap for the Punjabi viewers across the country.”
Videocon d2h CEO Anil Khera added, “We are providing a varied mix of channels and services catering to a much wider audience base. D2h Mauja has been added, taking our Punjabi channel offerings to 15 channels and services. With this channel, we expect to strengthen our leadership position.”
Shemaroo Entertainment director Hiren Gada said, “We are glad to launch d2h Mauja on Videocon d2h, one of the fastest-growing DTH services. The Punjabi film industry has grown by leaps and bounds in recent times, and there are a number of movies that get released every year, but there is no movie platform for this market. d2h Mauja offers a win-win situation for both content owners and consumers by creating non-stop access to Punjabi movies. For a platform like this, we could not have a better partner than PTC as they are industry leaders and have deep understanding of Punjabi content and market.”