- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Technicolor delivers 11 millionth STB to Tata Sky
MUMBAI: Media and entertainment technology company Technicolor has commemorated 10th year of its partnership with India’s leading direct-to-home (DTH) service provider Tata Sky with the delivery of the 11 millionth Technicolor set-top box (STB).
The special milestone follows an earlier announcement in May for Technicolor to ship 4K STBs in volume to Tata Sky from early 2015.
“On behalf of Technicolor, I’d like to thank Tata Sky for its ongoing cooperation and congratulate the company on its achievements as India’s market leader. We look forward to continuing our partnership and helping to deliver even more successful and exciting services to consumers across India in future,” said Technicolor president of connected home division Michel Rahier.
Tata Sky MD & CEO Harit Nagpal added, “Over the past 10 years, Tata Sky’s vision has been to offer its customers the best and the most compelling video experience. Technicolor has been a true partner in that quest, delivering high quality products and services.
“And 2015 will be a great year for our partnership as we deploy 4K STBs across the Indian market, once again, underlying our commitment to delivering the most recent technologies and the highest quality content.”