- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Tata Sky to launch +1 services for Star Plus, Star Gold SD, HD channels
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky is launching four more +1 services for Star India that offer channel viewing with a one-hour delay.
The DTH operator will launch Star Plus +1, Star Plus HD +1, Star Gold +1 and Star Gold HD +1.
Star Plus +1 and Star Plus HD +1 will be available on channel #116 while Star Gold +1 and Star Gold HD +1 will be available on channel #309.
The service allows subscribers to watch their favourite shows twice or catch it up after s/he has missed it by an hour. +1 is the mirror of the SD/HD channel, except that the service will run with a one-hour delay.
For example, if a particular show airs at 8 pm on an HD channel, the +1 HD channel will air the same content with a one-hour delay at 9 pm.
Tata Sky had launched +1 services with Colors, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and Zee TV in August 2016. The +1 channels were first launched with HD channels, followed by SD channels.
Tata Sky had created +1 services only for Hindi general entertainment channels like Colors, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and Zee TV. Colors HD +1 is available on channel #148, SET HD +1 is available on channel #129 and Zee TV HD +1 is available on channel #142.
It later launched +1 service for GECs SET and Zee TV, and Hindi movie channels Zee Cinema and Sony Max.
With the launch of Star Plus and Star Gold +1 services in SD and HD, Tata Sky will have 13 +1 services.
TV audience measurement agency BARC India is capturing the ratings of +1 channels. The ratings of channels under +1 service will be attributed to the ratings of the original telecast of the content.
However, the next day (or later) viewing is not included in the viewership data, as per the international principle of viewing on same day as live.