- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Tata Sky to launch +1 services for Star Plus, Star Gold SD, HD channels
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky is launching four more +1 services for Star India that offer channel viewing with a one-hour delay.
The DTH operator will launch Star Plus +1, Star Plus HD +1, Star Gold +1 and Star Gold HD +1.
Star Plus +1 and Star Plus HD +1 will be available on channel #116 while Star Gold +1 and Star Gold HD +1 will be available on channel #309.
The service allows subscribers to watch their favourite shows twice or catch it up after s/he has missed it by an hour. +1 is the mirror of the SD/HD channel, except that the service will run with a one-hour delay.
For example, if a particular show airs at 8 pm on an HD channel, the +1 HD channel will air the same content with a one-hour delay at 9 pm.
Tata Sky had launched +1 services with Colors, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and Zee TV in August 2016. The +1 channels were first launched with HD channels, followed by SD channels.
Tata Sky had created +1 services only for Hindi general entertainment channels like Colors, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and Zee TV. Colors HD +1 is available on channel #148, SET HD +1 is available on channel #129 and Zee TV HD +1 is available on channel #142.
It later launched +1 service for GECs SET and Zee TV, and Hindi movie channels Zee Cinema and Sony Max.
With the launch of Star Plus and Star Gold +1 services in SD and HD, Tata Sky will have 13 +1 services.
TV audience measurement agency BARC India is capturing the ratings of +1 channels. The ratings of channels under +1 service will be attributed to the ratings of the original telecast of the content.
However, the next day (or later) viewing is not included in the viewership data, as per the international principle of viewing on same day as live.