- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Tata Sky to enable apps on STBs
MUMBAI: DTH service provider Tata Sky has announced its plans to bring internet browsing applications on their set-top boxes (STBs). This feature will enable subscribers to browse and interact on certain apps through the Tata Sky STB, on almost all TV sets, not necessarily a smart TV.
Tata Sky’s latest offering will not only be available to new subscribers, but most of its existing subscriber base will also have this feature. The service will be available at no additional cost to Tata Sky subscribers in the coming months.
Tata Sky CEO Harit Nagpal said, “We don’t look at ourselves as a DTH operator. We are a content distribution platform. The scope of that is defined by what content, which medium, what screen the subscriber wants. That is the level of convergence that Tata Sky is looking to achieve.”