- Tea at 7, Lunch at 50 - Indian Railways Tweets Menu So Customers Don't Get Overcharged
- On World Water Day, Railways unveils water conservation policy
- Interest subsidy scheme for MIG effective from Jan 1
- Election Commission freezes AIADMK's election symbol ahead of major bypoll
- Flipkart Sale, Android O Features, Samsung Pay in India, More
- Aadhaar must for IT returns to curb tax evasion and frauds, says government Times of India - ?4 hours ago?
- Yogi Adityanath bans pan masala, tobacco in govt buildings
- Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM: Modi is performing the last rites of Nehruvian secularism
Tata Sky set to launch pop-up service featuring global content
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) platform Tata Sky is launching a pop-up service called ‘Tata Sky World Series’ featuring global content. The service will premiere first with popular Italian crime drama ‘Gomorrah’ on 19 March.
The Tata Sky World Series will showcase fresh and exciting global content from Italy, the UK, Cuba, Norway, the Czech Republic and South Korea on Indian screens exclusively for Tata Sky subscribers throughout the year.
‘Gomorrah’ will be the first TV series on Tata Sky World Series and will run for one month with English subtitles. On television, the pop-up service will run one new episode a day along with previous episodes available throughout the day. ‘Gomorrah’ will be available to all Tata Sky subscribers for a period of one month via Tata Sky’s set-top box (STB) and the Tata Sky Mobile app at no additional cost.
Tata Sky chief content and business development officer Paolo Agostinelli said, “Tata Sky constantly pushes the boundaries of innovation by providing an assorted and rich array of content to our subscribers on platforms of their choice, be it the STB or the Tata Sky Mobile app. This new service will enable our subscribers to consume global content which otherwise would not have reached the Indian sub-continent through the conventional mediums of television. ‘Gomorrah’, being the first of many international TV shows on Tata Sky World Series, is a scintillating drama on the much-romanced Italian mafia that will keep audiences on the edge of their seats.”
Today subscribers are increasingly involved on social media and watch popular content digitally. In line with this trend, the Tata Sky World Series service will be accessible on Tata Sky for binge-watching, for the entire month, both on STBs and on digital devices via Tata Sky Mobile.