- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Tata Sky set to launch pop-up service featuring global content
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) platform Tata Sky is launching a pop-up service called ‘Tata Sky World Series’ featuring global content. The service will premiere first with popular Italian crime drama ‘Gomorrah’ on 19 March.
The Tata Sky World Series will showcase fresh and exciting global content from Italy, the UK, Cuba, Norway, the Czech Republic and South Korea on Indian screens exclusively for Tata Sky subscribers throughout the year.
‘Gomorrah’ will be the first TV series on Tata Sky World Series and will run for one month with English subtitles. On television, the pop-up service will run one new episode a day along with previous episodes available throughout the day. ‘Gomorrah’ will be available to all Tata Sky subscribers for a period of one month via Tata Sky’s set-top box (STB) and the Tata Sky Mobile app at no additional cost.
Tata Sky chief content and business development officer Paolo Agostinelli said, “Tata Sky constantly pushes the boundaries of innovation by providing an assorted and rich array of content to our subscribers on platforms of their choice, be it the STB or the Tata Sky Mobile app. This new service will enable our subscribers to consume global content which otherwise would not have reached the Indian sub-continent through the conventional mediums of television. ‘Gomorrah’, being the first of many international TV shows on Tata Sky World Series, is a scintillating drama on the much-romanced Italian mafia that will keep audiences on the edge of their seats.”
Today subscribers are increasingly involved on social media and watch popular content digitally. In line with this trend, the Tata Sky World Series service will be accessible on Tata Sky for binge-watching, for the entire month, both on STBs and on digital devices via Tata Sky Mobile.