- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Tata Sky partners Hungama to launch DTH karaoke service
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky has partnered with Hungama.com to launch a video-based music service, Actve Karaoke.
Priced at Rs 1990 for a mike and annual subscription, the service will be made available from 20 February, and can be enjoyed with the Tata Sky+ HD box. The ongoing annual subscription costs Rs 600 with one album being made available for free to subscribers so that they can sample the service.
Tata Sky chief commercial officer Vikram Mehra said, “The love for singing and dancing is epitomized by Bollywood movies. Capitalizing on this sentiment, Karaoke enables our subscribers to share a few laughs and great moments with family and friends without the need for an occasion. Simply, tune into the service any time of the day for non-stop entertainment.”
The karaoke service showcases music videos along with lyrics, enhancing the overall singing experience. It will also feature the ‘Sur Meter’ that rates an individual’s singing performance and provides for competition opportunities. The song library will be refreshed on a monthly basis to keep bringing in newer songs into the service in a bid to engage its subscribers.
Hungama.com MD and CEO Neeraj Roy said, “Hungama’s relationship with Tata Sky has been deep rooted with the vision of providing entertainment to their consumers. Music is a derivative of films that generates mass appeal and now we are presenting a new innovation to the consumer giving them the ability to watch and sing music with Actve Karaoke. A first in the industry this should prove to be a game changer of how the masses will enjoy music.”
Albums available on the service include popular songs of Salman Khan, romantic hits, party hits and a range of foot tapping numbers from Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal and more.