- RSCRYPTO completes CAS integration into MStar K1, K5, K7 series chips
- Ryan school murder: Bus conductor granted bail, but no clean chit till yet
- 'Padmavati' row: Let CBFC do its job, says Information and Broadcasting ministry
- Screen 'S Durga' at IFFI, says Kerala High Court
Tata Sky Music+ launched with curators Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
MUMBAI: DTH player Tata Sky has launched India’s first service with four music genres on a pay TV platform, ‘Music+’, in partnership with digital entertainment company Hungama.
Segmented into four blocks—Mehfil, Indie Rootz, Jazz and International, the service will be co-curated by composer trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.
Music+ will give Tata Sky subscribers exclusive access to a rich trove of music content (ranging from classics to latest launches) including music videos, concerts and artist interviews, spanning a breadth of genres from international pop, country, rock and Indie music to jazz and blues, Sufi, folk, nazms and ghazals. Subscribers to the service will also be able to watch some of the biggest on-ground music events and festivals in the country from the comfort of their homes.
Tata Sky chief commercial officer Pallavi Puri said, “While there are a lot of popular music channels on TV today, we felt there is a need for a destination that showcases unique genres like Sufi, qawwali, folk, jazz and country. Now, with the launch of Music+, Tata Sky subscribers get access to the best of these genres, on their TV screens, any time of the day. And with content specially curated by musical legends Shankar-Ehsan-Loy, the offering on Music+ is guaranteed to be qualitatively superior.”
Commenting on Hungama’s association with Tata Sky, Hungama.com CEO Siddhartha Roy said, “We are delighted to partner with Tata Sky for Music+ and offer curated music content for the discerning audience, who has an evolved taste in genres like ghazals, Sufi, jaaz, blues and international. The Music+ experience promises to be unique with a variety of content and a line-up of great artists like Pankaj Udhas, Jagjit Singh, Elvis, Abba, Miles Davis, Eric Clapton, Salim-Suleiman, Armaan Malik and many more.”
Tata Sky Music+ will be available on channel no. 817. It will be available to all Tata Sky subscribers free of cost for the first five days and subsequently priced at Rs 3 per day, making it accessible to subscribers across age groups, geographical and socio-economic boundaries.
Content features of Music+:
- Weekday will have hit songs and new releases, artist interviews and recorded live concerts
- ‘Mehfil’ will play the best of songs across the genres of Sufi, ghazals and qawaali
- ‘International’ section will play rock, pop, retro and dance hits of international artists
- ‘Jazz & more’ section will play jazz, soul, blues and country
- ‘Indie Rootz’ will play contemporary pop, rock and folk music of Indian artists