- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
Tata Sky eyes deeper penetration in West Bengal, Odisha
MUMBAI: DTH operator Tata Sky has launched marketing campaigns in Odisha and West Bengal markets to grow its presence in the two states.
In the marketing campaign featuring superstar Amitabh Bachchan, the DTH operator claims to be offering the highest number of channels in Bengali and Odia. The campaigns are titled ‘Shobcheye Beshi Bengali Channels’ and ‘Sabuthharu Adhika Odia Channels’.
The DTH operator is looking to penetrate the townships of Howrah, Bardhman and Durgapur in West Bengal through this campaign. In Odisha, it is looking to penetrate Cuttack. It has a strong presence in Kolkata, Medinipur, Haldia and Kharagpur. In Odisha, it has gained traction in Bhubaneswar and Sambhalpur.
Tata Sky is offering an unprecedented 75 HD (highest in the industry) and 483 SD channels. The bouquet of 31 value-added services, 15 SD & HD movie specials and nine exclusive +1 channel feeds, have been a clear differentiator and a key focus area for the brand.
The latest integrated campaign gives viewers an opportunity to a meet and greet superstar Amitabh Bachchan. The first phase of the campaign kicked off in the second last week of December with Bachchan playing a game of ‘Hide and Seek’ with the audience. The second phase went on air on 28 December with a Q&A contest where viewers needed to send their messages to 56633. The second phase is yet to begin in Odisha.
Apart from TV, the integrated campaign will run for a period of four weeks across print, radio, OOH, bus-backs, utility bills, cinema halls and wall paintings.