- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Tata Sky deploys DataMiner NMS/OSS to manage its DTH operations
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky has deployed Skyline Communications’ DataMiner NMS/OSS to manage its DTH operations.
The DataMiner NMS/OSS is deployed with the vast majority of DTH, satellite and service providers worldwide. The multi-vendor platform manages any type of device, from any vendor, using any protocol without compromises.
For a customer like Tata Sky, this means they only need to invest in one NMS platform, instead of multiple proprietary and closed systems. End-to-end service orchestration and monitoring is at the heart of the platform.
“Tata Sky has invested in the best-of-breed technology infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime, reliability and scalability. Software applications such as CRM, billing and ERP are deployed in a clustered environment, which not only ensures high availability, but also enriches the experience of our subscribers,” said Tata Sky chief technology officer Yigit Riza.
“The DataMiner Platform at Tata Sky offers one-screen access of the entire operation, including content acquisition and compression platforms across different vendors and technologies. The unified view enables users to easily access and configure services. DataMiner is also scalable, so we can add other equipment and systems in the near future, related to the RF platform and OTT platform,” said Skyline Communications, regional account manager – South Asia & Middle East, Pramod Gupta.
“DataMiner restores services as quickly as possible, either through automatic service redundancy switching or through operator-initiated switchover. Moreover, any embedded switchover functions in the network infrastructure can be integrated in DataMiner. DataMiner automation is highly versatile and adapts optimally to the operational environment. The tailored failover automation engines decrease the mean-time-to-repair to the absolute minimum for every failure scenario,” he added.