- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Tata Sky adds three news channels for Odisha
MUMBAI: With Odisha seeing a resurgence of news channels in this election season, direct-to-home (DTH) player Tata Sky has added three news channels for the state—Zee Kalinga, Kanak TV and MBC TV.
Zee Kalinga is a recently launched Oriya news and infotainment channel from Zee Media Corp. The channel runs on a news plus entertainment format. Kanak TV and MBC TV, on the other hand, cover regional as well as national news.
Tata Sky chief commercial officer Vikram Mehra commented, “Expanding our offering with the three news channels is part of our endeavour to increase our spread of channels across all genres for our Oriya subscribers. One of the largest states in the East and an important market for digitisation, Odisha has been witnessing positive digital growth over the last few months.”
Apart from Oriya channels, Tata Sky also offers 10 Bengali and 20 Telugu channels. With the addition of the Oriya channels, Tata Sky is reinforcing its focus on the Odisha market, further strengthening its position in the east of India.
The company is offering its subscribers two free regional packs along with its ‘Dhamal Mix’ pack at Rs 220 per month. The Oriya regional pack comprises 10 popular Oriya channels providing entertainment, regional and national news.
The Odisha cable TV market is dominated by Ortel Communications, the largest multi-system operator (MSO) in the state.