- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Tata Sky adds three news channels for Odisha
MUMBAI: With Odisha seeing a resurgence of news channels in this election season, direct-to-home (DTH) player Tata Sky has added three news channels for the state—Zee Kalinga, Kanak TV and MBC TV.
Zee Kalinga is a recently launched Oriya news and infotainment channel from Zee Media Corp. The channel runs on a news plus entertainment format. Kanak TV and MBC TV, on the other hand, cover regional as well as national news.
Tata Sky chief commercial officer Vikram Mehra commented, “Expanding our offering with the three news channels is part of our endeavour to increase our spread of channels across all genres for our Oriya subscribers. One of the largest states in the East and an important market for digitisation, Odisha has been witnessing positive digital growth over the last few months.”
Apart from Oriya channels, Tata Sky also offers 10 Bengali and 20 Telugu channels. With the addition of the Oriya channels, Tata Sky is reinforcing its focus on the Odisha market, further strengthening its position in the east of India.
The company is offering its subscribers two free regional packs along with its ‘Dhamal Mix’ pack at Rs 220 per month. The Oriya regional pack comprises 10 popular Oriya channels providing entertainment, regional and national news.
The Odisha cable TV market is dominated by Ortel Communications, the largest multi-system operator (MSO) in the state.