- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Sun Direct issues notice to offer Star channels a la carte from 1 Aug
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Sun Direct has issued a public notice stating that Star India channels will be available on reference interconnection offer (RIO) on its platform from 1 August.
Sun Direct will take Star channels out of its packages. It has four SD packages each for Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. For the rest of India, it has three SD packages. It also has 12 HD packages for each of the four South Indian languages and six HD packages for the rest of India.
Star India owns and operates 37 SD and 27 HD channels across entertainment, movie and sports genres.
Sun Direct is South India’s leading DTH operator with a 40% share in the region. Out of the total active DTH subscriber base of 63.61 million, Sun Direct has a 9% share, as per TRAI data for the quarter ended 31 March 2017.