- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Six channels including India TV, ABP News hop on to DD’s Freedish
MUMBAI: Freedish, Doordarshan’s free direct-to-home (DTH) service, added six channels to its platform on 1 November.
These include India TV, ABP News, Focus News, Cinema TV, 9XM and Maha Movies.
Even as six new channels were added to the platform, six existing channels ceased to be available as they have not renewed their yearly contract.
The six channels that have been discontinued from the platform include Zee Smile, 9X, India News, News24, Sahara Samay, News Nation UP/UT, Gyandarshan1 and Gyandarshan2.
The one-year contract for these channels ended on 1 November.
Doordarshan had held an e-auction for the six new slots on 28 October. The reserve price for the e-auction was Rs 3.7 crore (Rs 37 million) per slot.
The e-auction was conducted by Pune-based Synise Technologies on behalf of Prasar Bharati.
Meanwhile, Doordarshan has announced that it will conduct 17th online e-auction for filling up slots on 12 November.
The reserve price for the vacant slots is Rs 3.70 crore (Rs 37 million) and the participation amount is Rs 1.50 crore (Rs 15 million), which needs to be deposited in advance by 11 November.