- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
RC Venkateish steps down as Dish TV CEO, Jawahar Goel replaces Subhash Chandra as chairman
MUMBAI: RC Venkateish has stepped down as CEO of the leading direct-to-home (DTH) operator Dish TV after spending five years at the company effective 31 October.
In another development, Dish TV chairman Subhash Chandra has also resigned and MD Jawahar Goel will take charge as chairman of the company.
Venkateish will, however, continue to be associated with the company in an advisory role specifically in areas relating to content, legal & regulatory affairs. He will also continue to represent Dish TV in the DTH Association and before industry and regulatory bodies.
Under Venkateish’s leadership, Dish TV more than doubled its revenues, increased market share and launched various new services including a sub brand – ‘Zing’ for the regional market as well as turned profitable.
Dish TV managing director Jawahar Goel said, “On behalf of the Board of Directors and the entire company, I want to thank Venkateish for his outstanding work and leadership in continuing the growth and success story at Dish TV. His term as chief executive was marked by outstanding business performance and exemplary leadership in the challenging environment that the DTH sector operates in. Venkateish lead the company with strength, resolve and passion. Dish TV shall benefit with his continued association with it in an advisory role.”
Venkateish said, “I have enjoyed every moment of my stint at Dish TV and it was a great experience to lead the company for over 5 years through a highly complex business environment and to build it to it’s current position as a strong profitable leader in the DTH space in India. I look forward to seeing the company continue to build on its successful track record of executing on its plans, innovating and expanding the business and remain very confident about its future prospects. I shall continue my association with Dish for the specific projects.”