- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
DTH has 40.54 mn active subs as on 31 Dec 2014: TRAI
MUMBAI: The six private direct-to-home (DTH) operators have a registered subscriber base of 73.06 million out of which 40.54 million are active subscribers as on 31 December 2014,as per Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) quarterly performance indicator report.
The registered and active subscriber base was 70.33 million and 39.13 million respectively as on 30 September 2014.
The DTH subscriber data is based on information submitted by the DTH operators through quarterly PMR for DTH services.
The report also mentioned that there are 245 pay channels as on 31 January 2015, as reported by broadcasters.
In non-CAS areas, the maximum number of TV channels being carried in a digital form by any of the reporting MSOs is 398, while in conventional analogue form, the maximum number of channels being carried by any of the reporting MSO is 100.
There are 243 operational private FM radio stations as on 31 December 2014.