- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Dish TV, Visiware enter into partnership for gaming channel
MUMBAI: In a bid to make TV the new playground, direct-to-home (DTH) company Dish TV has joined hands with Visiware International, the world leader in interactive games for TV.
As part of the deal, Playin’TV, Visiware’s flagship gaming channel broadcast on 40+ networks worldwide, will now be on the Dish TV platform.
Visiware International and Dish TV started their partnership in 2007, with the launch of Minikids TV, a range of edutainment interactive TV games targeting 2–5-year-old children. Now, with Playin’TV, Dish TV subscribers will have access to a rich international gaming experience with a selection of games for the whole family—boys and girls from 8 to 12 years, teens from 13 to 20 years, and for those over 20.
Compatible on all set-top boxes (STBs) and available 24/7 for a monthly subscription, Playin’TV is easily accessible through Channel No. 521 and doesn’t require any additional equipment apart from the existing STB and the remote control.
The portal offers a selection of 20 games split up into four genres. Each category proposes five different games selected out of a 300-game catalogue:
- Action titles with hundreds of levels to conquer
- Cards with classics such as Solitaire and FreeCell,
- Brain Teasers with mind-boggling thinking references,
- Sports with games like football and cricket among others.
Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor said, “Dish TV being the pioneer and market leader believes innovation is the key to our brand and technology plays a vital role in our innovative activities. Gaming over the years has evolved as a phenomenon in India. Individuals across ages groups and especially kids and young adults indulge in this entertainment via different channels be it XBOX, PlayStation, Nintendo, etc. Dish TV’s intent is to reach out to the masses by maximising the entertainment and edutainment experience via one platform and channel. We are pleased to join hands with Visiware International for launching Playin ’TV on the Dish TV platform and I’m sure this breakthrough service will surely add to their element of delight.”
“After launching Minikids TV in 2007, we are happy to partner with Dish TV again to launch this exciting and innovative product on the Indian market. Dish TV subscribers will be delighted with Playin‘TV, since the service is an affordable and easy-to-control entertainment for the whole family to gather around,” said Visiware COO Frederic Fellague.
Dish TV subscribers can subscribe to this game service at Rs 50 per month by giving a missed call on 1800 270 0558.