- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Dish TV to offer four new regional HD channels
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Dish TV has added four new regional high-definition (HD) channels, namely Zee Talkies HD, Colors Kannada HD, Colors Bangla HD and ETV HD, to its offering.
With the new additions, Dish TV has taken the total count of HD channels to 55.
The newly added channels will be available to Dish TV subscribers for a free preview until 1 November.
Announcing this new development Dish TV India CEO Arun Kapoor said, “Dish TV has always taken a lead in enhancing TV viewing experience and exploring opportunities to bring wholesome entertainment to the audience. With a sharp focus on regional-language content, the move aims at connecting strongly with the regional-language subscribers. This addition of four new regional HD channels will not only strengthen our presence in the HD space but will also diversify our offerings.”
Dish TV recently introduced special festive offers to enable customers to opt for a new HD connection by paying Rs 120 extra. Customers just have to pay an introductory price of Rs 1,990, which will include subscription of one-month Super Family Pack/Jumbo Pack and any one HD add-on (worth Rs 75) for one month at no extra cost. Customers will also get options to select HD sachets at a nominal price of Rs 75.