- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Dish TV makes available 32 new educational channels
MUMBAI: DTH operator Dish TV has added 32 new educational channels launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) on its platform.
With this, Dish TV has taken its total count of channels and services to 585. The DTH operator claims this is the highest in the industry.
The educational channels are available from channel nos 2001 to 2032 on Dish TV and Zing.
The 32 channels aim to offer high-quality educational content designed by central universities such as Jamia Millia Islamia, Punjabi University, IGNOU, Kashmir University and other leading educational institutions. The service will also offer telecast of live classroom lectures from top-notch institutions including the prestigious IIT.
Said Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor, “We support the government’s initiative of driving education through TV sets and are delighted that these educational channels from the HRD are available to all our subscribers. We feel proud and contented at the same time, as we are reaching a new milestone of having more than 585 channels and services on our platform.”