- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Dish TV makes available 32 new educational channels
MUMBAI: DTH operator Dish TV has added 32 new educational channels launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) on its platform.
With this, Dish TV has taken its total count of channels and services to 585. The DTH operator claims this is the highest in the industry.
The educational channels are available from channel nos 2001 to 2032 on Dish TV and Zing.
The 32 channels aim to offer high-quality educational content designed by central universities such as Jamia Millia Islamia, Punjabi University, IGNOU, Kashmir University and other leading educational institutions. The service will also offer telecast of live classroom lectures from top-notch institutions including the prestigious IIT.
Said Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor, “We support the government’s initiative of driving education through TV sets and are delighted that these educational channels from the HRD are available to all our subscribers. We feel proud and contented at the same time, as we are reaching a new milestone of having more than 585 channels and services on our platform.”