- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Dish TV makes available 32 new educational channels
MUMBAI: DTH operator Dish TV has added 32 new educational channels launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) on its platform.
With this, Dish TV has taken its total count of channels and services to 585. The DTH operator claims this is the highest in the industry.
The educational channels are available from channel nos 2001 to 2032 on Dish TV and Zing.
The 32 channels aim to offer high-quality educational content designed by central universities such as Jamia Millia Islamia, Punjabi University, IGNOU, Kashmir University and other leading educational institutions. The service will also offer telecast of live classroom lectures from top-notch institutions including the prestigious IIT.
Said Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor, “We support the government’s initiative of driving education through TV sets and are delighted that these educational channels from the HRD are available to all our subscribers. We feel proud and contented at the same time, as we are reaching a new milestone of having more than 585 channels and services on our platform.”