- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Dish TV launches Zing in Tripura with 27 Bengali channels
MUMBAI: Just under two months of launch in West Bengal, DTH operator Dish TV has made its sub-brand Zing available in the North Eastern state of Tripura.
Continuing with its strategy of targeting the regional markets with price-sensitive subscribers in Phases III and IV of digitisation, this is the third state after West Bengal and Odisha where Dish TV is launching the service.
Playing up to its strength of cobbling together a wide range of regional-language channels for large language-oriented TV viewing culture, Zing is offering 27 Bengali channels in Tripura. The three packs are kept at the same price points as Bengal and Odisha markets – Utsav Pack for Rs 349, Anando Pack for Rs 249 and Shubharambh Pack for Rs 175 – all inclusive of taxes. The Zing Digital connection is available for Rs 1099 plus Rs 200 installation charges.
In Utsav and Anando pack, viewers will also get India Cricket pack, which will automatically switch on the channel on which Indian men’s cricket team’s matches are telecast.
Among the regional channels is Khobor 365 Din (channel No 846), the only satellite channel from the state.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, Zing will operate on better Ebitda margins. It will soon target markets like Maharashtra and Gujarat.