- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Dish TV launches Kannada packages for Karnataka market
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Dish TV has launched three new Kannada special packages for the Karnataka market.
The DTH operator is offering Kannada language pack for Rs 199. For Rs 209, it is offering Kannada plus one language, and for Rs 225, it is offering Kannada plus two language packs. Subscribers can choose from different language packs such as Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Odia and Marathi.
Besides Kannada and regional channels, the DTH operator is also offering kids, sports, movies, English news and infotainment channels.
All new subscribers can choose up to three language packs (one Kannada and 2 other language packs) during the offer period, Dish TV said.
These offerings are available to all viewers/subscribers over and above the existing base packs of Rs 99/Rs 139/Rs 169.
Dish TV CEO Arun Kumar Kapoor said, “Over the years, we have observed the trend of the viewer preferences prevailing in the Karnataka market. They have an inclination for regional content. Karnataka being a highly multi-lingual state and keeping in mind the multi-lingual entertainment requirement in the state, Dish TV has always been at the forefront to provide innovative solutions.
“In order to enhance the TV viewing experience of our subscribers in regional markets and to ensure that they enjoy seamless services with uninterrupted entertainment at cost-effective rates, Dish TV has come up with these special Kannada offerings.”