- PM Narendra Modi seeks to repair Russia ties on Europe tour
- Kerala government to call all-party meet to discuss cattle slaughter law
- Supreme Court Allows Bihar Liquor Firms To Dispose Stock Outside State
- Deliberately didn't reveal Zika cases to public: Gujarat government
- Rampur molestation: 4 accused arrested, hunt on for remaining
- Mohammad Shahabuddin, former RJD MP taken into CBI custody in journalist Rajdeo Ranjan murder case
- Foam Back In Strength In Bengaluru's Varthur Lake, Sprays Motorists
- Search operations in Pathankot after abandoned bag with army uniforms found
Dish TV hires Anil Dua as group CEO; Arun Kapoor resigns
MUMBAI: DTH operator Dish TV, which is in the process of merging with Videocon d2h, has appointed former Hero MotoCorp SVP sales, marketing and customer care Anil Dua as group chief executive officer.
Following the amalgamation of Videocon d2h with Dish TV, Dua will head the combined entity of Dish TV Videocon.
Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor will leave the company to pursue his passion of teaching MBA students and venture into social work. He will manage the integration process and see it to its conclusion.
An alumnus of IIT-Delhi and IIM-Ahmedabad, Dua comes with over 28 years of experience in companies like Unilever, Gillette and Hero MotoCorp. In his last assignment, he was the MD of OTE, which represents major franchises in automobiles, electronics, home appliances, tyres, batteries and lubricants with operations in Oman and the UAE.
Dua comes with rich experience in various facets of business management such as brand building, marketing, customer experience, supply chain and strategy.
During his tenure at Hero MotoCorp from 2006 to 2014, he was responsible for the company’s entire gamut of marketing and advertising strategy, sales growth and extensive dealer network and after-sales operations. He significantly contributed in tripling the turnover and increasing the market cap by three times.
Dish TV India and Videocon d2h have filed a scheme of arrangement for amalgamation of Vd2h with Dish TV. The process for obtaining the approval from the NCLT for the scheme is currently underway.
The combined entity, which will be named Dish TV Videocon, has 28.1 million subscribers, as of 31 December 2016. The merger will create a leading cable and satellite distribution platform in India.
“We welcome Anil and are confident that his experience will further add to our capability and will help lead the company on a stronger growth path. His experience in brand building and distribution will add immense value to the organisation,” Dish TV CMD Jawahar Goel said.
“Arun’s role through the integration process will be very critical for a smooth transition. He joined the company at a crucial juncture, and I thank him for bringing the company to a point where it could take leap into the future with more strength,” Goel added.