- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Dish TV enhances focus on HD, launches ad campaign with SRK
MUMBAI: In an endeavour to educate consumers about HD television viewing with genuine high-definition (HD) picture quality, DTH operator Dish TV has launched a new ad campaign featuring Shahrukh Khan.
The campaign highlights the merits of HD picture quality and encourages its consumers to upgrade to DishTru HD+ set-top box (STB) to enjoy an HD TV viewing experience.
To make HD more affordable, Dish TV has also introduced HD sachets (small HD entertainment add-on packs) to capture the interest of consumers in HD viewing by offering them at Rs 75.
This offering makes Dish TV the first in the industry to come up with an entry-level pack price of Rs 224. Subscribers can select these sachets as per their preferences and add more flavour to their TV viewing experience.
Dish TV has also introduced long-duration HD packs for a hassle-free and uninterrupted TV viewing experience. The DTH operator has been the frontrunner in the industry for launching HD services in 2010 and since then has acquired a dominant market share in the HD segment.
DishTruHD + STB gives its viewers an enhanced TV viewing experience with 1080i resolution picture quality, aspect ratio of 16:9 and 5.1 surround sound. It also offers a width of 50 HD channels along with the facility of unlimited recording at no additional cost.
Dish TV CEO Arun Kumar Kapoor said, “TV viewing in India has undergone a sea change over the years. From the days when people had a handful of channels, today we live in an era where people are spoilt for choice. With this campaign, we would like to educate the consumer that to enjoy an HD viewing experience, it is essential to upgrade the STB from SD to HD. This new HD offer is in line with our commitment to give our viewers the best in terms of quality and service. Dish TV is a strong believer in the potential of the HD segment in India. Going forward, this all-new HD campaign will further accelerate the adoption of HD services in the country.”