- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Dish TV adds govt’s Digishala channel on its platform
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Dish TV has added government of India’s newly launched TV channel Digishala on its platform.
The free-to-air (FTA) channel has been launched with the aim of educating the masses on various digital payment modes.
The channel has been placed on Dish TV’s LCN number 2036. Dish TV is the only DTH operator to offer this channel to its more than 15 million subscribers.
Digishala aims to introduce the use of cashless, paperless and faceless digital payment transactions to rural and semi-urban people across villages and small towns. These are the areas where Dish TV enjoys a unique reach and top-of-the-mind recall.
According to Dish TV, more than 40% of its customers do online recharge transactions. As far as B2B transactions are concerned, Dish TV has turned them cashless.