- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Dish TV adds 23 channels, takes total count to 615
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Dish TV has added 23 new channels to its portfolio. With this, the total number of channels and services on Dish TV cross 615.
The new adds include nine high-definition (HD) channels and 14 standard definition (SD) channels.
With these additions, the company’s HD portfolio becomes stronger with 68 HD channels on its platform. The new HD channels are as follows: Maa HD 1605, Asianet HD 1901, Star Gold Select HD 381, Star Jalsha HD 1403, Jalsha Movies HD 1430, Star Pravah HD 1205, Star Sports Select HD2 646, Cineplex HD 383 and BBC Earth HD 828.
Adding further to the offering, Dish TV has added 14 SD regional channels. These channels are: Jonack TV 1511, Tollywood 1645, Andy Haryana 725, R Plus 1485, ETV News Haryana 721, Sangeet Bhojpuri 1573, Channel WIN 209, Jinvani 1105, BTV 1778, Chintu TV 1031, ETV Life 1617, Khushi TV 1021, News 18 Assam 1533 and IBC24 719.
Moreover, to make HD more affordable, Dish TV has introduced HD a la carte (small HD entertainment add-on) packs to capture the interest of consumers in HD viewing by offering them more HD content and a mix of genres at Rs 86+ taxes per month.
Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor said, “TV viewing in India has undergone a sea change over the years. From the days when people had a handful of channels, today we live in an era where people are spoilt for choice. We, at Dish TV, have always been at the forefront of enhancing TV viewing experience and exploring opportunities to bring wholesome entertainment to the audience. With a sharp focus on regional-language content, the move aims at connecting strongly with the regional-language subscribers. The addition of these 23 channels will not only strengthen our presence in the HD and SD space but will also diversify our offerings.”