- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
DD mops up over Rs 57 cr from e-auction of 14 Freedish slots
MUMBAI: Doordarshan has mopped up over Rs 57 crore (Rs 570 million) from the 23rd e-auction of slots on its free-to-air (FTA) direct-to-home (DTH) platform Freedish, a senior DD official has said.
In the 23rd auction held on 19 October, the DTH platform has added four new channels, namely Sony Mix, Sadhna National, Homeshop18, and Big Magic Ganga, while 10 existing channels, namely ABP News, India TV, Cinema TV, Enterr10, 9XM, Dabangg, Mastii, Chardikala Time, B4U Movies, and Maha Movie, have renewed their deals.
“We have raised more than Rs 57 crore (Rs 570 million) by auctioning 14 channels,” Doordarshan DDG (Comm. & Sales/ IR & IMD/ DCD) CK Jain told TelevisionPost.com.
“We will be adding Sony Mix, Sadhna National, Homeshop18, and Big Magic Ganga. 10 channels have renewed their contract including ABP News, India TV, Cinema TV, Enterr10, 9XM, Dabangg, Mastii, Chardikala Time, B4U Movies, and Maha Movie.”
He also said that few channels would be dropped owing to the addition of the new channels. “Some channels will be dropped because four new channels have come. We will take a call on this later,” he added.
In the 22nd e-auction, the pubcaster had sold slots to eight channels of which six channels, namely IBN7, Aastha, Aastha Bhajan, News Nation, Bhojpuri Cinema, and Dangal, were old and two channels (Sanskaar and Wow Cinema) were new.
The participation amount (EMD) for the e-auction was Rs 1.50 crore (Rs 15 million), which was to be deposited in advance on or before 19 October latest by 12 pm along with a non-refundable processing fee of Rs 10,000 in favour of PB (BCI) Doordarshan Commercial Service, New Delhi.
The demand drafts of unsuccessful bidders will be returned immediately or within a week after the completion of the e-auction.