- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
DD Freedish’s reserve price stays at Rs 4.3 cr for new e-auction
MUMBAI: After mopping up Rs 31.2 crore (Rs 312 million) during the 24th e-auction, Doordarshan’s free-to-air DTH platform Freedish is getting ready to conduct the next one on 18 January to fill up the vacant slots.
The floor price is fixed at Rs 4.3 crore (Rs 43 million). Incidentally, seeing increasing demand, DD Freedish had raised the reserve price in the 24th e-auction to Rs 4.30 crore (Rs 43 million) per slot, from Rs 3.7 crore (Rs 37 million).
It had sold five slots on its direct-to-home (DTH) platform. Two new channels, Aaj Tak and Big Magic, were added while existing channels India News, News 24 and Manoranjan TV, extended their contract by another year.
The 25th e-auction of DD Freedish is scheduled on 18 January, Doordarshan DDG (Comm. & Sales/ IR & IMD/ DCD) CK Jain said.
Interested parties will have to submit uplink and downlink permission from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) along with the application.
The participation amount for the e-auction is Rs 1.50 crore (Rs 15 million) while the processing fee is Rs 10,000, which is to be submitted by demand draft (DD) to the PB (BCI) Doordarshan Commercial Service.
Applicants must provide their uplink/downlink permission documents received from the ministries concerned. The demand drafts of unsuccessful bidders will be returned immediately or within a week after the completion of the e-auction process.
The e-auction will be conducted by Noida-based C1 India. Incremental amount will be Rs 10 lakh (Rs 1 million) for the 24th e-auction and every e-auction will be of 15 minutes. Additional five minutes will be added if the bid is received before the closing time of each e-auction.
The next round of e-auction, if held, will be conducted after 10 minutes of each e-auction. Doordarshan might extend the e-auction to the next day if required. The successful channels will have to deposit Rs 1.10 crore (Rs 11 million) of the reserve price within one month of channel placement.
The second instalment of Rs 1.1 crore (Rs 11 million) will have to be deposited in the second month of channel placement along with 14 per cent service tax on total bid amount. The balance bid amount will have to be deposited after six months of placement of the channel, failing which the deposited amount will be forfeited and the channel will be discontinued after a 21-day notice.
- Aaj Tak, Big Magic to join DD’s Freedish platform; slot e-auction fetches Rs 31.2 cr
- DD’s DTH service Freedish hikes reserve price to Rs 4.30 cr
- DD mops up over Rs 57 cr from e-auction of 14 Freedish slots
- DD’s Freedish to migrate to GSAT 15 as INSAT 4B nears its end
- DD’s Freedish eyes expansion in non-Hindi markets