- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
DD Freedish renews deals with IBN7, WOW Cinema, Bhojpuri Cinema
MUMBAI: Three channels, namely IBN7, WOW Cinema and Bhojpuri Cinema, have renewed their slots on Doordarshan’s free direct-to-home (DTH) platform Freedish.
DD had conducted its 30th e-auction on 15 September to fill vacant slots. All three channels renewed their respective slots.
The reserve price per slot on Freedish was Rs 4.3 crore (Rs 43 million). Normally, a deal is valid for a period of one year.
In the previous e-auction held on 11 August the DTH platform had added two new channels (Fight Sports and APN) and renewed deals with six channels (Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Rishtey, B4U Music, India 24×7 and Vision TV / Housefull Movies). All the deals were for one year.
Currently, there are 80 channels on Freedish across genres like GEC, movies and news. Out of these, 24 are DD channels while the rest are private channels.