- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
DD Freedish renews deals with IBN7, WOW Cinema, Bhojpuri Cinema
MUMBAI: Three channels, namely IBN7, WOW Cinema and Bhojpuri Cinema, have renewed their slots on Doordarshan’s free direct-to-home (DTH) platform Freedish.
DD had conducted its 30th e-auction on 15 September to fill vacant slots. All three channels renewed their respective slots.
The reserve price per slot on Freedish was Rs 4.3 crore (Rs 43 million). Normally, a deal is valid for a period of one year.
In the previous e-auction held on 11 August the DTH platform had added two new channels (Fight Sports and APN) and renewed deals with six channels (Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Rishtey, B4U Music, India 24×7 and Vision TV / Housefull Movies). All the deals were for one year.
Currently, there are 80 channels on Freedish across genres like GEC, movies and news. Out of these, 24 are DD channels while the rest are private channels.