- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
DD Freedish renews deal with six, adds two new channels
MUMBAI: Doordarshan’s subscription-free direct-to-home (DTH) platform Freedish has renewed deals with six channels and added two new channels during the 29th e-auction held on 11 August.
Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Rishtey, B4U Music, India 24×7 and Vision TV (Housefull Movies) have renewed deals for another year.
Fight Sports and APN are the new channels that have been added.
The total number of channels remains 80 as some channels had taken slots for a short period. The channels have taken slots for a period of one year.
The reserve price per DTH slot was Rs 4.3 crore (Rs 43 million). Gurgaon-based C1 India conducted the auction.
Channels that have won slots on the platform will have to deposit Rs 1.10 crore (Rs 11 million) within one month from the placement of the channel on Freedish along with Service Tax @ 14.5% on the total bid amount.
The second instalment amounting to Rs 1.10 crore (Rs 11 million) will have to be deposited by the successful channel in the second month from the placement of the channel.
The balance bid amount will have to be deposited on or before six months from the placement of the channel, failing which the deposited amount will be forfeited and channel will be discontinued from the platform after a 21-day discontinuation notice.