- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
DD Freedish awards slots to five channels in 27th e-auction
MUMBAI: Doordarshan’s subscription-free direct-to-home (DTH) service Freedish added five channels during the 27th e-auction held on 30 May.
According to a source, DD Freedish added two new channels, namely Premiere Cinema and 9X Jalwa, while two channels, Vision Shiksha and RT Movies, renewed their slots.
Sony Pictures Networks India’s FTA Hindi movie channel Sony Wah, which had taken a slot on pro rata basis earlier, bagged the slot for a year.
The total number of channels on the DTH platform remains the same at 80. The e-auction, which was conducted on 30 May, had a reserve price of Rs 4.3 crore (Rs 43 million).
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, DD Freedish did not have any reserved slots for regional channels. In the 26th e-auction, it had for the first time reserved slots for regional channels.
DD Freedish had added eight new channels and renewed one slot in the 26th e-auction. The pubcaster’s DTH platform had also added eight channels on pro rata basis.