- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Anil Khera is new prez of DTH Operators Association
MUMBAI: The DTH Operators Association of India, the apex body representing all the private DTH operators, has selected Videocon d2h CEO Anil Khera as its new president.
Khera replaces Dish TV CEO RC Venkateish as the association’s new president. He was earlier the vice president.
Sun Direct CEO Mahesh Kumar will function as the vice president.
Talking to TelevisionPost.com, Khera said: “The association has raised a lot of common issues that I will be taking up, including multiple taxation and other pending matters.”
The president is elected for a year. Last year, Venkateish was elected for a tenure of one year. Prior to that, the tenure of a president was for three years.
There are currently six private DTH operators in India which include Dish TV, Tata Sky, Videocon d2h, Airtel Digital TV, Sun Direct and Reliance Digital TV. State-run Prasar Bharati also operates Free Dish (earlier DD Direct Plus), a free-to-air DTH service.