- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Airtel Digital TV sees slowest subs growth in last 5 quarters; EBITDA stays flat
MUMBAI: Demonetisation of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes has impacted DTH operator Airtel Digital TV as well. The October-December quarter has seen the slowest subscriber addition for Airtel Digital TV since the last five quarters.
Airtel Digital TV’s EBITDA has also remained flat at Rs 302.6 crore in the fiscal third quarter compared to Rs 303 crore in the preceding quarter. EBITDA margin stood at 34.6% compared to 35.5%.
EBIT in the quarter ended 31 December 2016 dropped to Rs 68.4 crore from Rs 69.9 crore in the previous quarter.
Operating free cash flow during the quarter was at Rs 37.6 crore compared to Rs 48.8 crore in the quarter-ago period.
Airtel Digital TV’s total revenue rose to Rs 873.5 crore from Rs 854.5 crore in the trailing quarter.
The DTH operator incurred a capital expenditure of Rs 265 crore in the fiscal third quarter.
Q3 subscriber additions muted
Airtel Digital TV added 183,000 net subscribers, thus taking its total subscriber base to 12.58 million. In the previous quarter, it had added 256,000 net subscribers, which was its highest in the last four years.
In the first quarter of the fiscal year, the DTH operator had 424,000 subscribers, which was again its best Q1 in the last four years. The net subscriber additions in Q3 and Q4 of FY16 were 619,000 and 530,000, respectively.
Churn and ARPU
Monthly churn stood at 1.3% compared to 1.2% in the trailing quarter.
Average revenue per user (ARPU) remained flat at Rs 232.
Airtel Digital TV offers a total of 535 channels including 55 HD channels, six international channels and five interactive services.
- Airtel Digital TV posts highest Q2 net subscriber addition in 4 years
- Airtel Digital TV’s Q1 net subs adds highest in 4 years, EBITDA up 9.5% QoQ
- Airtel Digital TV turns EBIT positive in FY16; Q4 sees highest subs adds in 20 quarters
- Dish TV’s Q3 performance hit by demonetisation
- Videocon d2h adds 0.25 mn subs in Q3, EBITDA up 33%