- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Airtel Digital TV launches its 4th regional SVOD service in Bengali
MUMBAI: Airtel Digital TV, the DTH arm of telecom operator Bharti Airtel, has launched a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service in Bengali called ‘Bangla Hitz’.
This is the company’s fourth SVOD service in a regional language. Currently, it offers SVOD services in Gujarati, Tamil and Punjabi.
The ad-free service is available at a fee of Rs 39 per month and can be accessed on channel #702 on Airtel Digital TV. To activate the service, customers need to give a missed call on 9109121232 or SMS ADD 702 to 54325.
The new service will offer a range of exclusive entertainment options in Bengali for Airtel DTH customers. This includes, seven Bengali movies in a day, totalling up to 15–20 titles per week. The frequency will gradually be increased to four new premieres every month. Additionally, customers also get access to some of the finest musical performances from the region via the music catalogue that comes with the service.
Commenting on the launch, Airtel Digital TV chief marketing officer S Siram said, “We are delighted to announce the launch of our subscription video-on-demand services in Bengali. This service will give our users access to exclusive local entertainment content, right from the comfort of their homes. We will continue to focus on delivering compelling content for our customers and change the way customers view entertainment in India.”