- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Airtel Digital TV crosses 10 mn subs, to focus on expansion of HD and regional offerings
MUMBAI: Airtel Digital TV, the direct-to-home (DTH) arm of Bharti Airtel, today announced that it had crossed the 10-million subscriber mark in six years of operations.
Going ahead, the company would focus on expansion of its HD bouquet and regional offerings.
The company aims to expand the HD portfolio to over 50 channels, which will make it one of the largest HD bouquets in the industry. It will also expand the regional channel portfolio and offer the ‘highest number of channels’ in Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, and Tamil.
For the same, it is going to add 12 new channels soon, taking the portfolio to 500 channels and services.
Airtel Digital TV CEO Shashi Arora commented, “Innovation and customer satisfaction is core to our DNA. At Airtel Digital TV, we strive to empower our customers with superior television-viewing experience by offering innovative and life enriching services backed with cutting-edge technology.”
“Our offerings not only have helped increase customer stickiness, but also made us one of the fastest growing DTH companies today. We will continue to go this path and offer customers world-class content and television viewing,” Arora added.
The company claims that it was the first DTH operator in the country to introduce the universal remote to the market, along with value-added services like multi-lingual EPG, world’s first USSD-based self-care facility on mobile, etc.