19 Jan 2017
- Rs 9.2 lakh crore remonetised till date: RBI Governor Urjit Patel to Parliamentary panel
- In First Legal Setback For Cyrus Mistry, Tribunal Dismisses Petition Against Tatas
- Two killed in violence over land acquisition in Bengal
- Vodafone's Challenge to Reliance Jio, Airtel: 1GB of 4G Data at Rs. 150, 4GB at Rs. 250
- Relief for FPIs: Tax department circular on indirect transfer put on hold
- SP, Congress inch closer to alliance
- Tamil Nadu witnessing mass student uprising for jallikattu
- Salman Khan acquitted of Arms Act violations in 1998 case
- 20000 youths to be trained, deployed as 'Swachhta Doots'
- Respect our territorial sovereignty, India tells China
Videocon d2h has partnered PTC Networks and Shemaroo to launch an ad-free Punjabi VAS called ‘d2h Mauja’.
The campaign is meant to position Dish TV as the biggest DTH player with the widest network that even reaches far-flung areas where the jawans of the Indian Army are posted.
From facing a capacity crunch some years back to offering the highest number of TV channels and VAS in the DTH industry, Tata Sky has come a long way.
Inactive subscribers grew 5.41% to 32.71 mn in the July–September quarter. Active subscriber base rose 2.31% to 61.9 mn. Overall, total DTH subscriber base increased 3.36% to 94.61 mn from 91.53 mn in the previous quarter.
Media laws in Pakistan on the DTH front are going to be more liberal than their counterparts in India, thanks to a court order. Lahore HC declares recently held DTH auction null and void as it had disallowed broadcasters from bidding. In India, there is a clear broadcast sector cap on DTH. As per this regulation, broadcasters can’t own more than 20% equity in a DTH company.
Tata Sky has launched marketing campaigns in Odisha and West Bengal markets to grow its presence in the two states. In the marketing campaign featuring superstar Amitabh Bachchan, the DTH operator claims to be offering the highest number of channels in Bengali and Odia.
Airtel Digital TV has launched a SVOD service in Bengali called 'Bangla Hitz'. This is the company’s fourth SVOD service in a regional language. Currently, it offers SVOD services in Gujarati, Tamil and Punjabi.
Tata Sky Gurus will pioneer providing live feeds from Sadhguru’s ashram in Coimbatore and the Brahma Kumaris ashram in Mount Abu and exclusive guided meditations in Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s voice.
TDSAT has allowed IBF and Videocon d2h to file impleadment applications. This pertains to the 'twin conditions' clause of TRAI regulation for a la carte pricing.
Dish TV has added government of India's newly launched TV channel Digishala on its platform.