CNN-News18 Lines up Extensive Programming for the India-Pakistan Champions Trophy Final Match
New Delhi: Having routed Bangladesh in the semi-final of the Champions Trophy in a one-sided affair, India are now ready to face Pakistan for the first time ever in the final of a 50-over ICC tournament. On the other hand, after losing to India in their first match of the tournament, Pakistan has made a strong comeback in the tournament and has made it to their first ever final in the Champions Trophy. Both the teams are peaking at the right time and fans are expecting a nail biting encounter on Sunday, the 18th of June.
To capture all the excitement, CNN-News18 has planned a variety of shows under ‘Kings of Cricket – Cheer for India’ branding which will include call-in shows with K Srikkanth and a special show with Sajid Khan and K Srikkanth where they will relive their favorite Ind-Pak cricket moments. The channel will also do a special joint show with Samaa TV of Pakistan. Zakka Jacob and Rahul Dalal as anchors will be joined by K Srikkanth and Ayaz Memon on CNN-News18 and they will discuss the big match with Javed Miandad and Aamer Sohail from Samaa TV. Apart from that, the channel will bring live preview and review of the final match with reporters across the country and from The Oval, London.
Details of all the special shows are as follows:
- Public Ka Kaptaan: A call-in show with Kris Srikkanth
Timing: Saturday, 10:00 AM and Sunday, 9:00 AM
- Special show with Kris Srikkanth & Sajid Khan: A show where both Kris and Sajid will relive their memories of the past matches of India and Pakistan
Timing: Saturday, 1.30 PM and Sunday, 1.30 PM
- Special Simulcast with Samaa TV of Pakistan
Timing: Saturday 3 PM, 6 PM & 9 PM and Sunday, 8 AM & 1 PM
- Kings of Cricket Pre-Match Live show: A preview of the final with anchors, guests, fans and reporters from The Oval
Timing: Sunday, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Kings of Cricket Post-match Live Show: A show with post-match analysis and live show with anchors, guests and reporters from India and from London.
Timing: Sunday, 11.00 PM (whenever the match gets over)