- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
ZEEL’s Taj TV issues switch-off notice to Hathway
MUMBAI: After Star India, it is ZEEL distribution arm Taj TV’s turn to issue a switch-off notice to Rajan Raheja Group-promoted multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom. The notice applies to both digital addressable system (DAS) and non-DAS areas.
The notice has been issued for non-signing of subscription agreement/interconnection agreement, non-submission of subscriber report and non-payment of subscription fees.
The notice says that ZEEL, Zee Media and Turner India channels will be switched off on Hathway’s networks three weeks from the notice date.
Earlier, Star India had issued disconnection notices to Hathway in DAS and non-DAS areas for non-signing of agreement, non-submission of subscriber report, and non-payment of outstanding subscription fees.
The switch-off notices come in the wake of Star and ZEEL ending their distribution joint venture MediaPro and setting up independent affiliate sales teams.