- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
ZEEL’s Taj TV issues switch-off notice to Hathway
MUMBAI: After Star India, it is ZEEL distribution arm Taj TV’s turn to issue a switch-off notice to Rajan Raheja Group-promoted multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom. The notice applies to both digital addressable system (DAS) and non-DAS areas.
The notice has been issued for non-signing of subscription agreement/interconnection agreement, non-submission of subscriber report and non-payment of subscription fees.
The notice says that ZEEL, Zee Media and Turner India channels will be switched off on Hathway’s networks three weeks from the notice date.
Earlier, Star India had issued disconnection notices to Hathway in DAS and non-DAS areas for non-signing of agreement, non-submission of subscriber report, and non-payment of outstanding subscription fees.
The switch-off notices come in the wake of Star and ZEEL ending their distribution joint venture MediaPro and setting up independent affiliate sales teams.