- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sun TV’s Kalanithi Maran and wife take total remuneration of Rs 155.86 cr in FY17
MUMBAI: Sun TV Network founder-promoter Kalanithi Maran and his wife Kavery have taken home a combined remuneration of Rs 155.86 crore in FY17, making them one of the highest-paid corporate executives in the country.
The Marans were paid Rs 77.93 crore each as salary plus bonus in FY17, an increase of 9.04% from the earlier year. In FY16, each enjoyed a remuneration of Rs 71.47 crore.
While the salary remained the same, the increase in remuneration was mainly due to an increase in ex-gratia/bonus. The bonus component rose by over 11%.
Sun TV Network founder and executive chairman Kalanithi and his wife Kavery, who is an executive director, received Rs 13.14 crore each as salary, the same as in the year-ago period. However, the ex-gratia/bonus income rose to Rs 64.79 crore each from Rs 58.33 crore a year ago.
Maran received a dividend of Rs 295.56 crore in FY17 compared to Rs 458.12 crore in the prior year.
Meanwhile, Sun TV MD and CEO K Vijay Kumar drew a salary plus bonus of Rs 1.17 crore in FY17 compared to Rs 1.08 crore in the earlier year. Vijay Kumar’s salary grew to Rs 97 lakh from Rs 82 lakh in FY16.
Sun TV Network’s total income for the year ended 31 March 2017 was up 8.03% at Rs 2,703.80 crore, as against Rs 2, 502.75 crore a year ago.
Profit before tax stood at Rs 1,490.35 crore against Rs 1,334.24 crore a year ago. Profit after tax was Rs 979.41 crore as against Rs 869.69 crore in the previous year.