- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Sony issues disconnection notice to IMCL, NXT Digital
MUMBAI: After Star India, Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) has threatened to disconnect the signals of its channels and those of TV Today Network to Hinduja Group-owned multi-system operator (MSO) IndusInd Media & Communications Ltd (IMCL) and HITS service NXT Digital.
Earlier, Star India had issued a disconnection notice to Grant Investrade, the company that runs NXT Digital, for non-payment of subscription fee.
Sony Pictures Networks India Distribution India (SPNDI), the distribution arm of SPNI, has issued the notice for non-execution of interconnection agreement, non-payment of outstanding dues and non-submission of monthly subscriber reports.
SPNDI also distributes channels of TV Today Network besides the SPNI channels. The channels will be switched off 21 days from the date of issue of notice.
If the two networks indeed give effect to their notices, then NXT Digital will have to live without popular GEC, movie and sports channels until the matter is resolved.