- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Siti Maurya receives MHA clearance for MSO licence
MUMBAI: Siti Maurya Cable Net, a joint venture between Siti Cable and Maurya Diginet, has received security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The development, thus, paves the way for Siti Maurya getting permanent MSO registration.
The MSO was informed about the MHA security clearance during 23rd Open House Meeting on MSO registration held on 18 November.
“Madanjeet Kumar attended the meeting. It was told to him that security clearance from MHA has been received and the file for the grant of MSO registration is under submission,” as per the minutes of the meeting posted by the MIB on its website.
Siti Maurya has seeded 122,457 active set-top boxes (STBs), according to data provided by a government official till 31 March 2014.
Maurya Diginet was an independent MSO formed by the amalgamation of 19 independent operators (now 18).
In August 2012, Siti Cable entered Patna by acquiring controlling stake in Maurya Diginet. The JV, named Siti Maurya Cable Net, was created for rolling out digital cable in Patna.