- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Siti Maurya receives MHA clearance for MSO licence
MUMBAI: Siti Maurya Cable Net, a joint venture between Siti Cable and Maurya Diginet, has received security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The development, thus, paves the way for Siti Maurya getting permanent MSO registration.
The MSO was informed about the MHA security clearance during 23rd Open House Meeting on MSO registration held on 18 November.
“Madanjeet Kumar attended the meeting. It was told to him that security clearance from MHA has been received and the file for the grant of MSO registration is under submission,” as per the minutes of the meeting posted by the MIB on its website.
Siti Maurya has seeded 122,457 active set-top boxes (STBs), according to data provided by a government official till 31 March 2014.
Maurya Diginet was an independent MSO formed by the amalgamation of 19 independent operators (now 18).
In August 2012, Siti Cable entered Patna by acquiring controlling stake in Maurya Diginet. The JV, named Siti Maurya Cable Net, was created for rolling out digital cable in Patna.