- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Siti Cable’s Uttarakhand subsidiary gets provisional MSO licence
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted provisional multi-system operator (MSO) licence to Siti Cable Network’s subsidiary, Siti Prime Uttaranchal Communication.
The MSO has received the licence for the state of Uttarakhand. Siti Cable had acquired 51% stake in the MSO in the previous financial year.
The ministry has also revised the area of operation of DEN Networks’ subsidiary Den Enjoy Cable Networks to the entire state of Uttar Pradesh. Earlier, the MSO’s registration was limited to Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut and Varanasi.
The MIB has granted 24 new provisional registrations between 24 May and 2 June. Only Odisha-based Altimeric Digital has received a pan-India licence.
Most of these licences have been granted for digital addressable system (DAS) Phase III and IV areas. Licences have been granted to MSOs in states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh.
The permanent licence of Kable First Davangere stands cancelled as the company has surrendered its registration vide letter dated 31 December 2015. The company’s permanent registration closed on 2 June.
As on 2 June, the total permanent and provisional MSO licences stand at 235 and 674 respectively.
Also read :