- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Siti Cable moves TDSAT against Star’s disconnection notice
MUMBAI: Multi-system operator (MSO) Siti Cable has moved the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) against a disconnection notice issued by Star India over outstanding dues.
The matter will come up for hearing on Tuesday.
Star India had issued a disconnection notice to Siti Cable over non-clearance of dues in digital addressable system (DAS) areas. The outstanding amount is for the period between the end of a previous agreement and the beginning of a new one.
The TDSAT had earlier asked all MSOs to offer Star channels on reference interconnect offer (RIO) basis from 10 November 2014.
Star had filed an affidavit in the TDSAT stating its intention to offer its channels to MSOs only on RIO in DAS areas to ensure parity.
Star has also issued disconnection notices to two joint ventures of DEN Networks, namely CCN DEN Network and DEN ADN Network, for non-payment of subscription fees and non-submission of SMS reports.