- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Siti Cable moves TDSAT against Star’s disconnection notice
MUMBAI: Multi-system operator (MSO) Siti Cable has moved the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) against a disconnection notice issued by Star India over outstanding dues.
The matter will come up for hearing on Tuesday.
Star India had issued a disconnection notice to Siti Cable over non-clearance of dues in digital addressable system (DAS) areas. The outstanding amount is for the period between the end of a previous agreement and the beginning of a new one.
The TDSAT had earlier asked all MSOs to offer Star channels on reference interconnect offer (RIO) basis from 10 November 2014.
Star had filed an affidavit in the TDSAT stating its intention to offer its channels to MSOs only on RIO in DAS areas to ensure parity.
Star has also issued disconnection notices to two joint ventures of DEN Networks, namely CCN DEN Network and DEN ADN Network, for non-payment of subscription fees and non-submission of SMS reports.