- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
TRAI’s QoS norms lays down requirements for Conditional Access System (CAS) & Subscriber Management System (SMS), Fingerprinting and Set Top Boxes (STB).
TRAI legitimises the right of an MSO to fix the carriage fee since they are making substantial investment for implementing DAS.
Cable operators can charge a maximum of Rs 100 for 100 free-to-air (FTA) channels and Rs 150 for the base pack of pay channels as per the Tariff Order.
MUMBAI: The Information and Broadcasting (I&B) ministry has further revised the sunset date for analogue cable TV switch-off across the country as part of its final views on timeline for implementation of DAS in India. In response to the revised …
TDSAT directs TRAI to start afresh the process of tariff fixation and undertake a detailed study for the purpose of laying down tariffs.
The move will provide a level playing field to DTH operators who have been paying 50 per cent of the normal price of non-addressable areas.
Trai files an affidavit saying it wants to divide cable TV subscription fee comprising basic package and pay channels into three pricing slabs.