- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Ortel ropes in Asianet Broadband’s Jiji John as VP broadband business
MUMBAI: Odisha’s leading cable TV and broadband service provider Ortel Communications has appointed Jiji John as vice president of broadband business effective today.
“We are delighted to welcome Jiji John as VP of our broadband business. His rich experience and deep understanding of the sector would help Ortel strengthen its position in the segment where the Company is targeting a notable increase in the number of broadband subscribers over the next few years. Jiji will play a crucial role in driving growth and profitability of the broadband business, which remains a key focus for Ortel,” said Ortel Communications president & CEO Bibhu Prasad Rath.
John is a professional with more than 18 years of experience in strategic planning, sales and marketing, business development, channel management, key account management, client relationship management and team management.
He is a management graduate from Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar and BE (Electrical and Electronics) from the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. During his career, he has held various positions with telecom and ISP companies like Escotel Mobile Communications Ltd (Currently Idea Cellular) and Sify Technologies Ltd.