- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Ortel offers free broadband to its cable TV subscribers
MUMBAI: Ahead of Phase III digitisation, Odisha-based cable TV and broadband service provider Ortel Communications has introduced free broadband for its cable TV subscribers.
The offer is in the states of Odisha, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh in areas where Ortel’s broadband is provisioned within its cable TV network.
The offer includes a free data limit every month for a year. However, the subscriber will be charged a nominal amount for any usage exceeding the monthly free data limit.
Subscribers can migrate to any other existing plans within the offer period of one year if they wish to. Another highlight of this plan is unlimited upload data offer, which Ortel claims it has pioneered.
Ortel Communications president and CEO Bibhu Prasad Rath said, “We are glad to launch free broadband combo offer to our cable TV customers. Our objective is to penetrate deeper into markets by making internet affordable and continuously delight our valued customers. We have been constantly adding value to our customers and this free broadband offer will be useful for those who are having limited download and unlimited uploads.
Ortel has started offering mega speed broadband of 50 Mbps using DOCSIS 3.0 technology in select areas of Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha.