- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Ortel launches Wi-Fi public hotspot broadband service
MUMBAI: Odisha-based cable TV and high-speed broadband services provider Ortel Communications Ltd (Ortel) has launched Wi-Fi public hotspot service for its broadband subscribers in Bhubaneswar.
The service has been launched as a special value-added offer for its wired broadband subscribers without any additional charge in public places in the capital of Odisha. The company said that it would be extended to other markets soon.
The MSO has operations in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telengana and West Bengal.
Ortel’s broadband customers can avail these services on the go through their smartphones, tablets, PCs and laptops. No additional hardware like modem or dongle are required to connect to the active devices, neither does it require any additional software installation.
Ortel’s broadband customers can continue to access the hotspot services by using their existing internet account. They can also use the broadband services in the public hotspot Wi-Fi locations and can simultaneously use the primary wired broadband connection at home.
Ortel Communications president and CEO Bibhu Prasad Rath said, “We are happy to launch wireless broadband access at public areas through Wi-Fi hotspots for our existing and new broadband subscribers. This will allow our wired broadband subscribers to access the internet using their existing Ortel Broadband connection outside their homes at places where most of them visit very frequently.”
Rath added, “Ortel has been one of the pioneers in the cable TV and broadband industry, and it is our constant endeavour to provide unique and path-breaking services to our subscribers. The Wi-Fi hotspot is yet another value-added service that will enable our broadband subscribers to access the internet on-the go through their internet-enabled devices.”