- Finance Ministry Using 'Back Door' to Amend Laws, Says Opposition
- Bharti Airtel's Rs 1600 cr Tikona buy: Smart move to gain pan-India 4G spectrum but challenges remain
- Tackle vigilantes with iron hand, CM Yogi Adityanath tells officials
- Shiv Sena MP barred from flying, AI cancels his return ticket
- Pakistan rakes up Kashmir issue despite overtures
- Police arrest 4 men for teasing anti-romeo squad leader Raveena Tyagi in Bareilly
- Police unravel multiple aliases of Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood
Odisha-based MSO Mahaveer Digital sealed for carrying unauthorised channel
MUMBAI: The government is taking action against multi-system operators (MSOs) for telecasting unauthorised channels. The latest action taken against is Mahaveer Digital, an MSO operating in Odisha.
According to a source in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB), concerned authorities have sealed Mahaveer Digital for telecasting an unauthorised television channel.
The MIB official, however, did not disclose the name of the illegal channel.
The Jajpur-based MSO, owned by Jatindra Sahoo, was issued a provisional licence on 17 November for operating in the entire state of Odisha.
Last year, the MIB wrote to the Jajpur collectorate in Odisha to check on the MSOs showing unauthorised TV channels in Odisha.
On 27 December, the Jajpur Collectorate sent a letter to the concerned officials to enquire into the matter and submit a report.