- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
Odisha-based MSO Mahaveer Digital sealed for carrying unauthorised channel
MUMBAI: The government is taking action against multi-system operators (MSOs) for telecasting unauthorised channels. The latest action taken against is Mahaveer Digital, an MSO operating in Odisha.
According to a source in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB), concerned authorities have sealed Mahaveer Digital for telecasting an unauthorised television channel.
The MIB official, however, did not disclose the name of the illegal channel.
The Jajpur-based MSO, owned by Jatindra Sahoo, was issued a provisional licence on 17 November for operating in the entire state of Odisha.
Last year, the MIB wrote to the Jajpur collectorate in Odisha to check on the MSOs showing unauthorised TV channels in Odisha.
On 27 December, the Jajpur Collectorate sent a letter to the concerned officials to enquire into the matter and submit a report.