- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Odisha-based MSO Mahaveer Digital sealed for carrying unauthorised channel
MUMBAI: The government is taking action against multi-system operators (MSOs) for telecasting unauthorised channels. The latest action taken against is Mahaveer Digital, an MSO operating in Odisha.
According to a source in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB), concerned authorities have sealed Mahaveer Digital for telecasting an unauthorised television channel.
The MIB official, however, did not disclose the name of the illegal channel.
The Jajpur-based MSO, owned by Jatindra Sahoo, was issued a provisional licence on 17 November for operating in the entire state of Odisha.
Last year, the MIB wrote to the Jajpur collectorate in Odisha to check on the MSOs showing unauthorised TV channels in Odisha.
On 27 December, the Jajpur Collectorate sent a letter to the concerned officials to enquire into the matter and submit a report.