- Golf Club incident clear case of racial discrimination: Kiren Rijiju
- Sourav Ganguly Included In BCCI Reform Panel To Be Headed By Rajeev Shukla
- Ravi Shastri to apply for India's head coach position
- Supreme Court refuses to pass interim order against Centre's Aadhaar notification
- Indrani Mukerjea assaulted by jail staff, her lawyer to court
- Google Gets Record $2.7 Billion EU Fine for Skewing Searches
- China lodges diplomatic protest, accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim
- 'India, US Committed To Achieving Full Potential Of Nuclear Co-operation'
Odisha-based MSO Mahaveer Digital sealed for carrying unauthorised channel
MUMBAI: The government is taking action against multi-system operators (MSOs) for telecasting unauthorised channels. The latest action taken against is Mahaveer Digital, an MSO operating in Odisha.
According to a source in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB), concerned authorities have sealed Mahaveer Digital for telecasting an unauthorised television channel.
The MIB official, however, did not disclose the name of the illegal channel.
The Jajpur-based MSO, owned by Jatindra Sahoo, was issued a provisional licence on 17 November for operating in the entire state of Odisha.
Last year, the MIB wrote to the Jajpur collectorate in Odisha to check on the MSOs showing unauthorised TV channels in Odisha.
On 27 December, the Jajpur Collectorate sent a letter to the concerned officials to enquire into the matter and submit a report.